Thu October 10, 2013
Next Four Neighborhood Meetings on I-81 Viaduct Scheduled
The State Department of Transportation has released the schedule of the next four neighborhoods meetings about the future of I-81 through Syracuse. About 100 people turned out for the first one held two weeks ago in Toomey Abbott Towers, a stone’s throw from the highway.
The next meeting will be held on the north side at Dr. Weeks Elementary on Hawley Ave, October 22nd. Future meetings will be held at the Everson museum, Fowler High school, and East Syracuse. See below for the complete schedule. The DOT says the neighborhood meetings are designed to give residents throughout the Syracuse region a chance to learn about the ongoing environmental review process and voice their comments and opinions. Each meeting will include a presentation and an opportunity for residents to ask questions of the project leaders.
• Tuesday, October 22, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Dr. Weeks Elementary School Cafeteria, 710 Hawley Avenue, Syracuse
Downtown Area Meeting
• Wednesday, October 23, 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• Everson Museum, 401 Harrison Street, Syracuse
• Tuesday, October 29, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Fowler High School, 227 Magnolia Street, Syracuse
Eastern Communities Meeting
• Wednesday, October 30, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
• Town of Dewitt Community Room, 148 Sanders Creek Parkway, East Syracuse
All of the meeting locations are handicapped accessible. Please contact Gene Cilento at (315) 428-4351 if a sign language interpreter, assisted listening system or other accommodation will be required to facilitate your participation in the meetings.