LATEST UPDATE: The SU Men's Basketball NIT Game against UNC Greensboro at the Carrier Dome has been postponed until Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. Tickets already purchased for today's game will be honored. Join us for coverage starting tomorrow at 6:30 on WAER.
Here's a summary of the essential information we have thus far:
· A travel advisory remains in effect until midnight in Onondaga County due to hazardous driving conditions. The snow is expected to continue today, heavy at times, with blowing and drifting. The advisory does not restrict travel, but officials urge residents to consider the need to be on the road during the storm.
· Meanwhile, Madison County has declared a state of emergency, banning all traffic except emergency and essential personnel from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. Violators face arrest.
· A full travel ban is also in effect in Broome County. Governor Cuomo says 2,000 members of the National Guard will be relocated from Long Island to the Southern Tier to assist with storm relief.
· Governor Cuomo is also temporarily banning tractor trailers on the state Thruway and I-81. The state is sending plows Upstate from the New York City area where the snowfall has been less than predicted.
· Syracuse Regional Airport Authority Director Christina Callahan say the terminal at Hancock Airport is quiet due to the number of canceled flights and no stranded travelers. They urge those who happen to have a flight to allow plenty of time to get to the airport.
· National Grid officials say they’re monitoring the heavier snow with this storm, along with the wind, which could impact power lines and trees.