Syracuse Stage announced the plays that have been selected for the 2017/2018 season. The season will open on September 2oth with "The Three Musketeers," a play based on the famous 19th Century novel by Alexander Dumas. The lineup also includes Tony Award Winning "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" and "The Wizard of Oz." This is the company's 45th season, but it is the first season for Art Director Robert Hupp. Hupp said that he was interested in selecting a wide variety of plays.
"I was interested in creating an eclectic array of plays. We have a very diverse audience. People respond to different kinds of work. In this season, Mary Poppins and Disgraced, are two very different works that people responded to very passionately."
Here is the full list of plays for 2017/2018:
- The Three Musketeers- Sept. 20 – Oct. 8, 2017
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time- Oct. 25 – Nov. 12, 2017
- The Wizard of Oz- Nov. 29 – Dec. 31, 2017
- Next to Normal- Jan. 17 – Feb. 4, 2018
- Cold Read: A Winter Festival of Hot New Plays- Feb. 8 – 11, 2018
- A Raisin in the Sun- Feb. 21 – March 11, 2018
- The Magic Play- April 25 – May 13, 2018
You can find all the information about the 2017/2018 season on the Syracuse Stage website. The 2016/2017 season continues with "Ain't Misbehavin'" that opened earlier this week.