Central New Yorkers will get another opportunity to add their opinions to the debate over the future of Interstate 81 Tuesday.
The I-81 Challenge holds its third public meeting from 3:30 to 8:00 p.m. at the Oncenter. if you go, you'll have the chance to review numerous transportation studies, see how the bridges on the elevated portion of 81 are deteriorating, see some of the ideas out there about replacing the highway, among other things. One of the highlights for many is to see conceptual drawings of how the roadway might be replaced or re-routed.
The New York Department of Transportation and the Syracuse Metropolitan Transportation Council, in a release, say people can:
- Review materials and public feedback from pervious public meetings
- View Conceptual Drawings of strategies
- Review initial traffic analysis and costs
- Learn which strategies will progress to the next phase of the analysis
- Learn about the next steps and how the public will be involved going forward
Read reports from past meetings here.
Syracuse Metropolitan Transportation Council officials insist no decisions have been made about the options for replacing the section of the highway that will become obsolete in four or five years. More information is at thei81challenge.org